We are excited that Orca is going to be hosting the 2015 Fat Salmon Swim, that jewel of an open water challenge held in our own backyard! The date is SATURDAY, JULY 18th!
Meg has amazingly volunteered to chair Fat Salmon and oversee Orca’s acquisition of this premier Open Water event. Thank you Meg, for this and your many contributions to the team.
This is a big event and we are going to be looking for help of all kinds but at the moment we are identifying people who will head up committees:
- Sponsorship (prizes, event donors, finisher awards)
- Marketing (twitter, facebook, website, photos?)
- Logistics (equipment rentals, facilities arrangements, course layout)
- Safety (boats, kayaks, liason with metro staff)
- Refreshments (post race, will likely work closely with sponsorship)
- Registration (q&a from participants, day of check in)
- Volunteers (for all the various parts)
Even if you’re on the fence let Meg know. Our estimated time commitment is a monthly meeting from January-May and then bimonthly meetings until the race on July 18th. If you’re not interested in running a committee but still want to be involved in some other way please let Meg know.